Monday, February 29, 2016

Tasting: Dark Horse Red Blend

Name: Dark Horse Red Blend
Variety: Red Blend
Region: California
Country: United States
Year: 2015
Price: $15



Winery Review: The Dark Horse Big Red Blend has deep flavors of dark berry and black currant, supported by plush tannins, hints of dark roasted oak and a long finish. This Red Blend underwent alcoholic fermentation with hand chosen yeast to provide enhanced color, structure and fruit characteristics. A blend of Malbec, Rubired, Syrah, Tempranillo, and Merlot.

My Review: This wine was mostly Malbec and I could defiantly taste it. The color was a very dark red that almost seemed purple. The nose was not very strong but it had hints of red fruit. When I tasted it the main character I could pull from the wine was oak. I also tasted slight flavors of fruit.

I did not have this wine with food.

No comments:

Post a Comment