Wednesday, March 2, 2016

Tasting: F.J. Serra Cabernet Sauvignon

Name: F.J. Serra Cabernet Sauvignon 
Variety: Cabernet Sauvignon
Region: California
Country: United States
Year: 2014
Price: $10






Winery Review: Deep garnet color. Aromas of spiced cherries and vanilla-banana cake with a silky, fruity medium body and a snappy apple sauce, cassis jam, and cedar finish. A tasty sipper or gourmet burger wine.

My Review: This cab had a very dark almost purple color to it. As for the nose I thought that it smelled very strongly of butter. I could also get a smell of acidity from this wine. The taste was very full and had a dry finish. I can tell this wine was strongly oaked. I like this cab a lot and I finished the bottle with my friend. If I am ever in the mood for Cabernet I might buy this wine. 

I did not have this wine with food.

No comments:

Post a Comment