Saturday, February 13, 2016

Tasting: Allamand Malbec

Name: Allamand Malbec
Variety: Malbec
Region:  Medoza
Country: Argentina 
Year: 2013
Price: $15





Winery Review:  This wine is the heart of Bodegas y Viñedos Luminis line of wines from the Valle de Uco region. It is a 100% malbec that comes from three different vineyards planted in Valle de Uco. Located at more than 3,000 ft above sea level, and being at the foot of the Andes range, the Valle de Uco region is the land of the most refined and elegant malbecs in Argentina. This is one of our "appellation” driven wines and through it, we at Bodegas y Viñedos Luminis are trying to capture what malbec from the Uco Valley is about: malbecs of deep purple color, lots of violets in the nose, and natural great acidity. 


My Review: I don't know if I do not like malbecs or if I just did not like this wine. The nose was not bad and I could catch hints of flowers but that was about it. The taste was very bitter and dry to me. I do not want to try this wine again.

I did not have this wine with food

No comments:

Post a Comment