Sunday, February 28, 2016

Zeppolis Wine Dinner

I went to the Zeppolis wine dinner this Wednesday with two of my friends. They had mostly french wines to taste and the main dish was chicken. The first time I went to Zeppolis there was about 20 people there and this time there was only five of us. I liked the smaller group because we went at our own pace and the people going over the wines really went into depth with us.

The food was pretty good but I wasn't overly impressed with anything. The chicken was the main dish. It was called Coq Au Vin, and it had a lot of glaze and mushrooms on it. It was alright but I wouldn't buy it again. The quiche was my favorite part of the dinner. There was nothing special about it but I just like quiche. The ratatouille wasn't good but it also was not bad. I liked the salad a lot too but a salad can only be so good.

Most of the wines we tasted this week were from France. I like the majority of them. 

The first wine I am going over is La Galope Sauvignon Blanc Cotes de Gascogne. This wine was very dry for a white and it had a nose of flowers and citrus. I thought this wine paired very well with my salad. I doubt I would go out of my way to drink this wine again. It had a price of $12 a bottle. 

The next wine was Terre du Sol 1733 Malbec. This wine is 14 dollars a bottle and had a violet or ruby color. The nose was not very pleasant and the main thing I could get out of it was acid. When I tasted it I was surprised at how smooth it was. There were no harsh flavors in this wine and I really enjoyed it. I would defiantly try this wine again. I liked how this wine went with my chicken.

The last wine I'm going over is Laurent Miquel Pere et Fils Syrah Grenache. It had a light red color and the price was $11. This wine smelled a lot like black berries. The taste sweet but slightly bitter and had an oaked taste. I liked this wine but it didn't overly impress me. 


No comments:

Post a Comment