Friday, March 25, 2016

Zeppolis Dinner

Two of my friends and I went to Zeppolis Wednesday night to taste some wines and have dinner. This wine dinner was very enjoyable and the food was much better than I expected it to be. The wines we tasted were all French wines.



The food we had was delicious and every dish was enjoyable. I started with the salad, which had a Italian dressing on it. There was nothing fancy about it but it was very good. Next I had some of the cheeses. I tried three kinds and liked all of them. The brie was my favorite out of the cheeses. After the cheeses I started on the rice pilaf. It may have been my favorite part of the meal. Next I tried the pasta. I was baked in a meat sauce and it went very well with the red wines. 


My three favorite wines from the meal were a Chardonnay, a Bordeaux and a Syrah.

The Chardonnay was Domaine Redmond 2014 chardonnay Macon-Charnay. This wine was a clear light colored yellow and had slight oak aromas. The taste was tangy, a little sweet and had a hint of oak. My guess is that this wine was aged in old oak barrels since the oak was so weak. The pasta paired well with this wine. This wine retails at $15 a bottle. I liked this wine but I am not sure if I would buy it in the future. 

Next was Chateau L'insoumise Caresse du Terrior 2012 Bordeaux. The color on this wine was a dark red and it had strong smells of oak and butter. The taste was not as oaky as I thought it would be and it was moderately dry. This wine also felt very sticky in my mouth. It paired well with the cheese from the dinner. This wine was $12.99 and I would probably buy it in the future. 

My favorite wine of the night was Domaine La Croix Belle 2014 Syrah. This wine was a dark crimson color that almost looked purple. The nose was very fruity and I could defiantly pick out blackberries. As for the taste, it was very robust and with spice and fruit. I liked this wine a lot and come to find that I like most Syrahs. It was $12.99 a bottle and I would defiantly buy this wine in the future. 

No comments:

Post a Comment